Our Blog

This is an optional subtitle.

Removing A Name From A Joint Tenancy Agreement Uk

Despite the possibility for the court to assist if necessary, the transfer of a tenancy agreement is not always a contentious issue and we can help the other tenant to obtain his agreement for the transfer of the common lease. Your landlord can leave the lease of your name to your partner, if it is currently only on your behalf. Ask your landlord to change the name of the contract if the person wants to leave – what is called “assignment.” You can try to prevent this if you want to stay. You must apply for an injunction from the court before your ex-partner announces it – this can be complicated, so it`s best to get help from your next citizen council. You can request a rent transfer if your landlord refuses to change your contract or if your lease does not allow it. You have to go to court. Sometimes you have two people names on renting a real estate interest, sometimes doing even more. They may be married or partners living together, or perhaps business colleagues with commercial property. And sometimes it`s more of a business than an individual name.

And a lot, a lot of variations on that – “my ex is in the lease, he can get the lease,” “who will get the tenant if I split up.” “I can take my ex off the lease” and so on. This also applies when your children are adults. Your partner should not terminate the lease without your permission. The remaining tenant is not entitled to a rental agreement for the property. Sometimes, however, the landlord may decide to transfer a new lease to the remaining tenant and stay in the property. Contact your nearest citizen council for help with your lease or if you`re not sure you`re eligible. You can issue a notice of termination of the lease. You don`t need permission from other customers. If you separate from your partner during your joint lease and decide that you no longer wish to live together, you should terminate your lease. Transfer of the lease It is possible that a court decision may be made through an individual lease agreement to another tenant or a transfer of a common lease solely on behalf of a tenant. But this can only be done in certain circumstances.

The situation is therefore risky for the tenant who stayed. The deceased tenant was able to terminate the landlord without prior warning, which would also terminate the lease agreement for those still living in the property. There is nothing the remaining tenant can do to stop him once the resignation has been made.